Welcome to SweetVine! This is collection of food ideas, crafts, home decore, design and inspiration! Look around and enjoy!

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Meat & Potatoes

When I was in high school I had a Spanish teacher who would describe the days that we would be doing hard work as "Meat & Potatoes" days, because we would be learning the foundations of the language.
Well since I've started working it has been a little harder to create great meals at the end of the day. I have been coming home very tired, throwing something together, then watching a movie or going to sleep. So today I decided I would make a real meal, and I got back to the basics. Meat & Potatoes.

I had a london broil skirt steak and four red potatoes already. I had Rob grill the meat to medium upstairs on the grill, while I made garlic mashed potatoes.

Garlic Mashed Potatoes:
4 red potatoes
4 TBSP butter
1/2 cup milk
1 TSP Garlic Powder
1/4 cup cheese. (I prefer Romano, but Parmesan works well too)

Boil Potatoes then blend all ingredients together. I usually leave mine a little chunky, and I always leave the skins on with red potatoes.

I also made edamame. I had frozen edamame, which needs boiled for 5 minutes. I then drain and saute in a pan with hot Olive Oil, Salt, and Pepper for another five minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment