Welcome to SweetVine! This is collection of food ideas, crafts, home decore, design and inspiration! Look around and enjoy!

Monday, June 18, 2012

Beef & Broccoli Stir-Fry


Today, like most good days, started out with Top Pot Doughnuts. I love Top Pot, and I love that they have their own cookbook so you can make all of their different varieties of doughnuts at home. I don't have the cookbook, but I hope to get it soon.
Then Rob and I walked downtown to the Central Library, which is amazing. We explored the building a little more today, and there are still things I want to see!
Finally we went to Kress IGA for groceries. I really like Kress. It's small, but it has everything you need! Including fresh-baked bread and a deli for fresh meats. It also has a good produce section. I picked the vegetables I needed to make Stir-Fry for dinner tonight. It turned out very well.

Ingredients:
1/2 lb. thin sliced beef, cubed.
1 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup sliced zucchini
1/4 cup chopped white onion
1 cup water/ corn starch mix
1 Beef Bouillon cube
Soy Sauce

Everything should be cut and prepared before you begin, as this comes together very quickly. After I Cube my meat I put it in a bowl with salt, pepper, and 1 TSP soy sauce while I cut my vegetables. Meat can also be marinated in Teriyaki.




Heat a olive oil or Wok oil in a pan or Wok. Add beef and onions until beef is no longer pink.



Stir in broccoli and zucchini, let simmer for 1-2 minutes.



Add water/corn starch mix and bouillon cube. Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring.



Once everything is set and the sauce is thick, add approx 2 TBSP Soy Sauce to mix and stir for 30 seconds.



Makes two servings, serve over 1 cup white rice, split.



This can also be made with chicken, the only difference being the chicken, and chicken bouillon instead of beef.

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy. Wish you were here to cook for us. Glad you enjoy cooking. I know rob is being well fed. Love your blog. It keeps us connected. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love to cook for Rob, he likes everything!

    ReplyDelete