Welcome to SweetVine! This is collection of food ideas, crafts, home decore, design and inspiration! Look around and enjoy!

Monday, June 11, 2012

Grilled Steak-Wrapped Asparagus

Today was a very hectic day. Rob and I, with our dog of course, walked all over Seattle. But we did get to do some farmer's marketing at Pike's Place to get ingredients for dinner! We also got to use the grills on the roof for the first time since we've moved in! So all-in-all a very successful day.

I came up with the idea for this dinner after buying some very thin cut steaks at the QFC. With some asparagus and white onion, paired with a market-fresh salad, it came out perfectly!

Grilled Steak Wrapped Asparagus
 I marinated the steaks this morning in a simple oil/water/seasoning mix. Then tonight I cut the asparagus, and one white onion. Wrapped the asparagus in onion, then both in the steak, and tied with cooking string.


For the side salad I cut Spinach, Butter lettuce, cucumber, tomato, and garnished with parsley. I got most of these vegetables from Pike's today. Tossed in a simple Olive Oil Vinaigrette.

I also reaped the rewards of the cookie dough I prepared yesterday (which should set for 24 hours before baking.) The recipe for those came from one of my absolute favorite pastry blogs, Brave Tart, and can be found here http://bravetart.com/recipes/ChewyChocolateChip.




No comments:

Post a Comment