Welcome to SweetVine! This is collection of food ideas, crafts, home decore, design and inspiration! Look around and enjoy!

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup

I'm not usually a big fan of soups. I find them unfilling and I'm rarely cold enough to warrant eaiting something with steam coming off of it. I'm also very picky and rarely like the ingredients in soups. I'm the kind that picks around all the vegetables until the meat and broth are gone. But I've always liked my mom's chicken noodle, and when I started cooking for my husband, a revamped it to thicken it up and make it even more satisfying.

I make this soup every time I make a Crock Pot chicken. I save the stock and about half of the chicken and make it the next day. I usually look forward to this soup more than whatever I've used the first half of the chicken for. It's amazingly easy and so delicious.

Ingredients:
Chicken stock from crock pot. (I always refrigerate this overnight, then discard the fat that separates on top)
Chicken meat (About half full chicken, using mostly the white meat)
1 Can Chicken Broth
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Can cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Cup Water
1 Chicken Bouillon Cube
1 TSP Garlic Salt
Salt and Pepper to taste.
Half package of egg noodles


Add all of the ingredients before the noodles into the Crock Pot and cook on low for 6 hours. Turn the Crock Pot to high and add noodles 30 minutes prior to serving.

This recipe makes about four servings of soup, which for us means leftovers. It comes out very hearty. Like I said, I'm quite picky, so I don't add vegetables, but they can be put in at the beginning  if you are adding them.



No comments:

Post a Comment