Welcome to SweetVine! This is collection of food ideas, crafts, home decore, design and inspiration! Look around and enjoy!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Chicken and Pasta

Chicken and Pasta has always been one of my favorite meals. I love my mom's homemade chicken and fettuccine alfredo, it was my favorite meal growing up. Now I make a similar version for my family as often as I can. I use a much simpler butter sauce and add extra broccoli.


Ingredients:
1/3 lb chicken, cubed
1 bowl steamed broccoli florets
1 stick butter
2 TBSP olive oil
1/2 package fettuccine
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese


While the water for the pasta is heating up, add 1 TBSP olive oil to a hot pan and cook chicken until it is no longer pink



Steam Broccoli and add to the pan about the time the fettuccine is added to boiling water



Turn pan on low to simmer.
Drain your pasta and use the hot pot to melt butter.



Then add 1 TBSP olive oil, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning. Simmer on low for about 2 minutes


Return pasta to pot and stir in cheese


Transfer broccoli and chicken to pot, mic in with pasta then serve!


This is amazingly simple to make and I always have the ingredients on hand. It's also extra delicious if you use flavored pasta like Trader Joe's Garlic and Basil Linguine!

No comments:

Post a Comment